Monday, October 5, 2009

Bruschetta bellissimo!

Oh, the age old question - is it broo-sket-uh or broo-shet-uh? The first one! I will never forget this because bruschetta was my fall back meal in Italy, and for my first meal I was corrected very loudly for mispronouncing it by a waiter who mocked me in a New York accent! This was only fitting after my repeatedly-setting-off-the-alarm-in-the-bank-ordeal, but I still turned red as tomato!

After getting lots of local yummies at the farmers market this weekend (tomatoes, potatoes, basil, apples, cilantro, onions, peppers, zucchini, garlic, kale, and some more tomatoes), Jesse couldn't wait to make bruschetta for dinner! He even set everything up all pretty-like so that I could take a photo for "my blog thingy." Sorry for the crappy quality photos, I left my camera at a friend's place!


Chop up all your veggies (and your apple... it's good, I promise!) and have some vino!


Mix it all up in a bowl with olive oil and balsamic to taste
*If fresh garlic gives you heartburn like it does me, roast some garlic ahead of time!

Now, drizzle some olive oil on your baguette, and toast that baby up!
If using roasted garlic, "butter" your baguette with it before popping it in the oven.

Fresh, local, and quick dinner is served!

3 comments:

Jen said...

this is a great idea for a simple meal, chelsea. i need simple these days--you should see mah belleh. i still have 8 more weeks to go!

Bianca said...

OOh, I bet apple is tasty on bruschetta. I always say it wrong too. But I listen to the Martha Stewart channel on Sirius radio, and they always say it the right way. I'm trying to get used to it.

jessy said...

i never knew it was pronounced broo-sket-uh. thanks, Chelsea! :) i love that you two made some local bruschetta to nosh on - it looks super stellar! and i love that Jesse set everything out for your photo, too - he's so sweet!