Thursday, July 17, 2008

Marionberries!

Marionberries are finally ripe in Oregon!



I spend most of my Wednesday lunch breaks during the summer perusing the bounty of the farmer's market. It is a popular spot! There were beautiful berries, nectarines, summer squash, peppers, breads, pesto (Dave recently started making a vegan pesto and it is yummy!), and really anything you could want. I bought a pint of marionberries from one of my favorite farms, Kruger, a farm that is not certified organic but uses organic practices, which allows them to pass the savings onto the customer. My berries were only $2!



Walking back toward PSU from the Farmer's Market, I noticed someone familiar gracing the cover of the Willamette Week - Robert Cheeke, local Vegan Bodybuilding superhero! Robert organized the first ever Vegan Holiday Festival here in Portland, and in my opinion that alone is reason enough to love him! Here is a link to the article: http://wweek.com/editorial/3436/11241/ .

Here's the WW, berries, and a hummus veggie bagel. What a lovely lunch!

No comments: