Monday, August 11, 2008

Beach weekend!



One of my best friends, Stephanie, and I went to visit one of our other best friends, Shannon, at her new place in Seaside this weekend. The weather wasn't too nice (check out my windblown hair!), but we had a great time catching up, walking their dogs on the beach, cooking and eating, and drinking wine.



Shannon basically has her own petting zoo, and when I met her kittens I couldn't help but take one home! "Tiny Kitteh," as we're calling her for now, is three months old and half Himalayan, half orange tabby and 100% cute! Let me know if you have any ideas for kitty names, as Godzilla is the best we've come up with so far!



Stephanie leans toward vegan, so we stocked up on yummies before heading to the beach. I brought along my trusty veggie grill, and we enjoyed Sunshine burgers the first evening. Have you tried these burgers? I recently noticed them on sale at Whole Foods, so I bought some and now I'm addicted! The main ingredient is sesame seed, and they have a very falafel-y texture. Try them!





Saturday evening, we grilled up kebabs! We used mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, pineapple, and tofu marinated in balsamic vinaigrette. Kebabs make my belly happy.





Now that I'm back, I have a week off from work to do whatever the heck I want! Socializing Tiny Kitteh and Zoey is a big priority, but I also hope to ride my bike a lot, go to happy hours, watch some movies, and in general kick back. Oh, and I'll be getting my first tattoo at Scapegoat this Sunday - woohoo! Here's a couple other food pics for ya:







Field Roast, garlic mashed potatoes, and a salad of baby greens, heirloom tomatoes, onion, Goddess dressing and a few Bacos for good measure
















Nachos with red quinoa, black beans, FYH Nacho flavor, salsa, guacamole, and Tofutti Sour Supreme

Nachos are my ultimate comfort food.













Marionberry chocolate mousse


I made the standard chocolate mousse of tofu and melted chocolate chips, but added marionberries to the mix. Not the best idea texture-wise, but the taste was great! Next time I'll just do marionberries on top.











Veganized Original Tollhouse Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies, cooling on the fire escape

(thanks to Webly of Fueled by Popcorn for the recipe!)

4 comments:

VeganCowGirl said...

The kitten is way too cute! Congrats!

The mouse looks super yummy!

Great blog.

Bianca said...

Damn I wish I could find FYH Nacho here. They have all the other flavors, but no nacho...sigh...Tiny Kitteh is soooo cute. I like Godzilla because he's so fluffy and fat. I've always wanted to name a cat Tofu.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of you!!! PS. I just noticed you post about your plans to get a tat. Did you get it? I want to see pictures.

Chelsea said...

Sunday is the big day :) I'll definitely do a blog on it!