Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Vegan Hundred List

This list has been floating around the vegan blogosphere for a couple weeks, and I finally couldn't resist it any longer! Hannah from Bittersweet veganized the Omnivore's Hundred list, so we can join in the fun, too! Here are the rules:

1) Copy this list into your own blog, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Italicize any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Post a comment here once you’ve finished and link your post back to this one.
5) Pass it on!


1. Natto (looks scary, but I'd try it!)


2. Green Smoothie at Blossoming Lotus, never made my own.

3. Tofu Scramble like a million times!

4. Haggis

5. Mangosteen

6. Creme brulee

7. Fondue (I need to find a vegan recipe for this!)

8. Marmite/Vegemite

9. Borscht

10. Baba ghanoush


11. Nachos

12. Authentic soba noodles

13. PB&J sandwich

14. Aloo gobi

15. Taco from a street cart in Mexico and in the US!

16. Boba Tea there's a boba shop downtown that uses soymilk in all of their milk teas - yum!

17. Black Truffle

18. Fruit wine made with fruit other than grapes

19. Gyoza just had these recently at dim sum!

20. Vanilla ice cream

21. Heirloom tomatoes

22. Fresh wild berries

23. Ceviche (how would this be veganized?)

24. Rice and beans

25. Knish

26. Raw scotch bonnet pepper (never had raw, but had it in Jamaican food)

27. Dulce de leche


28. Caviar

29. Baklava

30. Pate

31. Wasabi peas

32. Chowder in a sourdough bowl

33. Mango lassi thank you India Chaat House for making a vegan version!

34. Sauerkraut


35. Root beer float gross, I hate root beer! I do like coffee floats, though

36. Mulled cider

37. Scones with buttery spread and jam


38. Vodka jelly

39. Gumbo

40. Fast food french fries

41. Raw Brownies

42. Fresh Garbanzo Beans

43. Dahl

44. Homemade Soymilk

45. Wine from a bottle worth $120 or more (haha, maybe someday I'll be able to afford that!)

46. Stroopwafle


47. Samosas

48. Vegetable Sushi

49. Glazed doughnut

50. Seaweed

51. Prickly pear

52. Umeboshi

53. Tofurkey

54. Sheese

55. Cotton candy (had it as a kid, doubt it was vegan but I really don't know?)

56. Gnocchi

57. Piña colada

58. Birch beer (I would try it, but doubt I would like it)


59. Scrapple

60. Carob chips gross!

61. S’mores


62. Soy curls

63. Chickpea cutlets

64. Curry

65. Durian

66. Homemade sausages I had some at a breakfast place in Vancouver BC and they were yucky


67. Churros, elephant ears, or funnel cake (I recently heard there are vegan elephant ears at the Saturday Market! I need to get on that!)

68. Smoked tofu

69. Fried plantain

70. Mochi

71. Gazpacho

72. Warm chocolate chip cookies

73. Absinthe (we have a new absinthe distillery in town, I need to try it!)

74. Corn on the cob

75. Whipped cream, straight from the can and I didn't like it!

76. Pomegranate

77. Fauxstess Cupcake

78. Mashed potatoes with gravy

79. Jerky Stonewall's is the only kind I like!


80. Croissants

81. French onion soup

82. Savory crepes

83. Tings

84. A meal at Candle 79 (someday!)

85. Moussaka

86. Sprouted grains or seeds

87. Macaroni and "cheese"

88. Flowers

89. Matzoh ball soup

90. White chocolate

91. Seitan don't like it, too meaty!

92. Kimchee yummy!


93. Butterscotch chips (never seen a vegan version :( )

94. Yellow watermelon watermelon is one of the few fruits I despise

95. Chilli with chocolate

96. Bagel and Tofutti and a little Sriracha and sprouts for good measure!

97. Potato milk

98. Polenta

99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee

100. Raw cookie dough I actually prefer it raw to cooked!

I've eaten 62 out of 100, and there are only 5 I wouldn't try! Not bad considering what a picky eater I am!


4 comments:

Katie said...

How cool! I've have 30/100.

Yes, my cat Mitzi is an exotic shorthair and I don't see many other cats that look like her. (Her dad was a long-haired Persian & her mum was a throwback.) Do you have any pets?

Anonymous said...

Regarding #7, Skinny Bitch in the Kitch has a recipe for vegan fondue. I haven't tried it though!

jessy said...

hoooooooooray! what a fun post! i've never had Gazpacho - i think i'm one of the only one's left. aaaaahahahahahaa! i'm gonna have to change this! :) how's the tiny kitteh?! have you decided on a name yet?! she's sooooooo cute!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Yay for raw cookie dough (the best part about being a vegan!)